Tuesday 25 May 2010

Sculptures and Blue Tit nest

Driving to the Dawn Chorus walk at 5 o'clock this morning I noticed the new sculptures in the park, so I resolved to take a closer look before catching up with my sleep.

There's one in Hilly Fields Crescent and another at the lower end of Montague Avenue and I took a couple of photos for the blog.




What surprised me as I returned from Montague Avenue was the number of Glendale vehicles in the park.  At one point I could see nine of them, and that was just on one side of the hill!  Then it dawned on me (excuse the pun), this morning there was to be a Green Flag inspection so the park was being cleaned and tidied, paths swept, grass cut, seats repaired, sandpit raked etc.  I do hope it's successful.

On passing the tree on the corner of the playground beside the tennis courts, I spotted a Blue Tit's nest,  a parent was frequently to and fro, probably with food for young.






1 comment:

  1. Yes, it was quite a relief when the green flag visit was over. I felt a the calm return to the park.

    We find out if we have been successful at the end of July.

    Not sure who but someone had also been round putting up unwanted large posts with tiny signs about the dog orders on them. Why they could n't use the railings is beyond me. What a waste of money and ugly too.

    The sculptures are part of the Brockley Max, by local artist Jolyon.

    Back to birds, there is also a blue tit using the nest box in the playground.

    This evening, Tuesday 1st June, I saw more swifts than I have ever seen in the area. They were flying back and forth over the high trees near the bothy. There must have been 20 or so, hard to count as they kept diving out of view.

    ReplyDelete